Monday, December 27, 2010

Dedicating our baby boy to the Lord

On December 12th, Brandon and I had the honor of dedicating ourselves to raising Isaac in the Lord. It was such a special day for us. My parents came in to town for the event, which made the day even more special! Both sets of Grandparents, and two of Isaac's Aunts, Jenny and Karen, also made it for the dedication that morning. Thank you so much to all of you that went out of your way to be there for this special occasion. We are very blessed to have such wonderful family - we love you!

The church asked all parents to dedicate a verse to their child at the dedication service.

Psalm 73: 24-26.
Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.





I love this picture, because you can see our choir director in the
background playing with Isaac. :)

Dad poses for the camera... note the tie. :)

What a lovely couple. I love you, Mom and Dad!


Thank you, dear Lord, for the gift of our son, Isaac. We promise to raise him in Your will so that he may receive Your gift of salvation through Your son,
Jesus Christ. May You be his portion forever.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we could have been there.... You can pretend that I was right there with you, because I am dedicated in supporting you as you raise Isaac in the Lord (could that be called "Dedicated Aunt-ing"?). I'm SO EXCITED to see what God has in store for him!

    ReplyDelete