Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sheer genious

After Isaac's bath last night, I went to work giving him a much needed nail clipping. Halfway through the task a wiggleworm emerged, anxious to play with the clippers. I held my own until the job was finished - all 20 wriggling fingers and toes - and happily placed the much desired clippers into his chubby little hand. He attempted several times to open them, and upon several failed attempts, asked, "Mama, ahpo?" (translation: Mama, open?). I sat him up after getting him into his PJ's and showed him how to open the clippers on his own. He watched closely and shot me that amazing smile after I showed a couple of times. After our lesson, I continued with the bedtime routine by meticulously combing through his precious head of hair when suddenly he exclaimed, "I did it!".

And he had.

AND he said so, too. Genious. Sheer genious. Sir Isaac himself.

1 comment:

  1. So adorable. So smart. So precious. So cute. So Isaac.
    We kinda like him. :)

    Grandmomma

    ReplyDelete