Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas time is here!

Christmas is, without doubt, my favorite holiday. I love the lights, the music, the smells, the decorations, the colors... it's all so beautiful. I enjoy every minute of it. I especially love decking the Ritter halls in preparation for the day we celebrate our Lord's birth. As I decorate the fireplace and dining room, Brandon hangs lights on the house. We top off the day by decorating our Christmas tree together and tidying the house of all the boxes and newspaper that house our decorations in the off-season. Here are a few pictures of the end result:


Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

The Fireplace awaits the stockings...
The dining room adornment
This Christmas is going to be particularly special for us now that we have Isaac. I know he's too young to ever remember his first Christmas, but I'll ALWAYS remember it. I can hardly wait for Christmas morning... helping him open his gifts and playing with him and all his new toys. I have a whole new understanding of the miracle of Jesus' birth and the magnitude of the sacrifice God made for the human race. It's a sacrifice I cannot comprehend... which makes His love for us even more amazing and has made me realize how truly undeserving I am of His mercy.

And, last but not least, here are some recent pictures of our bundle of joy.

Chillin' with Dad


Relaxin' in my relaxin' chair


Dressed for the cold weather (finally!)
Playing with Mommy

I can't help but look good in orange... I'm part Cowboy!!

Enjoy the sights and sounds of the Season!

4 comments:

  1. Nice blog with very very nice picture of cutie enjoying the sights and sounds of the season. Love the header image of your blog. My best wishes and have a wonderful Christmas. Ihampers.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you got your new sofas!! From what I can see (umm, which isn't MUCH) they look great.
    Isaac is looking more and more like his Daddy...what a cutie pie!!
    The house looks great! Great blog......I love you!
    Grandmomma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your Christmas decorations look beautiful! We're still working on ours... a little boy (who shall remain nameless) keeps breaking Christmas decorations, so it has made me afraid to finish putting things out. Isaac is getting so big, I can't believe it!! And you look beautiful! Can't WAIT to see you all at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house looks great...and look at your beautiful little man!

    I love your header-family picture up there. Such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete