Monday, March 8, 2010

Pot of gold...

Mondays are long days. I go to work, bring kids home with me, and teach piano lessons for several hours. Between fielding students, the phone, parents, cups of water and jolly rancher requests, the time always flies by but not without it's measure of chaos. Today was no exception. I'm in full swing, teaching a lesson, when there's a knock on the door. I answer it to find that it's one of my piano Moms, and she tells me that I have to step outside to see something. I curiously stepped outside and obdediently looked in the direction of her pointing finger. It is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen! I ran back inside to get my camera and the kids... the pictures don't do it justice, but I'll never forget it!


Can you see that there are TWO rainbows?

They were the brightest rainbows I've ever seen! The arch had been fully formed and stretched completely across the sky. I couldn't even come close to getting all of it in my shot. I'm so glad that the Mom came to get us because they were almost completely gone by the time we went back inside just a few minutes later. As I walked the kids back to the house, one of the boys stopped me, grabbed my hand, and asked me "Mrs. Ritter, can we go find the pot of gold?". I asked him if he would settle for a jolly rancher... his sprint back into the house answered that question. Besides, who needs a pot of gold when we're able see God's handywork painted across the sky?

No comments:

Post a Comment