Friday, March 11, 2011

Blump

Wow. I can't even remember the last time I blogged. I suppose I'm officially suffering from a blogging slump... aka blump. I don't have anything specific to blog about tonight, just thought that I would share a few updates on Isaac.

1. Isaac seriously plays up to the camera. It's sooo funny. You'll see what I mean shortly.
2. Isaac is talking... a lot. He seems to learn a new word just about every day. His newest word is bus (with more of a "sh" sound at the end than an "s"). He gets very excited every day to find a bus on the way to his sitter's house. We have fun spotting them together - and I have fun watching the huge smile come across his face, and hearing him say "buh-sh"! Makes me smile just thinking about it. And, my favorite of his new words is "Amen". He says it just about every night after we finish his bed-time prayer. Man am I lucky...
3. Isaac is running, climbing, and is beginning to ooze personality. He has quite the funny streak, too, and appreciates our humor. I always knew I was funny!
4. Isaac is - and I promise I'm not just speaking out of bias - the sweetest, most compassionate little boy ever. When I dropped him off on Wednesday morning, he promptly walked in and gave hugs to the two other kiddos that were already there. This was totally unprovoked. Anjie (his sitter) and I just looked at each other with that "Aw!" look. He just loves everyone and isn't afraid to show it. According to Anjie, he also hugs on the babies if they cry. And he LOVES his cousins, Mark and Karley, who also stay with Anjie during the day. They are always hugging each other, which is so special to me. I love that he's growing up knowing them and getting to spend so much time with them.
Ok, ok... here are the pictures! :)

Pose #1 (with my post-yogurt hair)
Pose #2
Laughing at my previous poses..
Like my new toy? Can you believe I found this gem in the garage?!

Whoa... I am SO tall.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these, Chris. He is just adorable. I can't wait to hear him talk! I got a few pictures of Baby Kate emailed from your Dad, hoping someone will post or send more. Hint, Hint to any of the Rhodes/Pruitt clan who might read this comment. Back to Isaac - he is sooo cute!! You really are a lucky Mama to have this precious boy. Just enjoy the fun times, every age is a new and fun stage. I feel so lucky getting to experience all of the fun again. We love y'all and can't wait to see you. Hope it will be soon. Aunt Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my what a precious little boy!!! I miss that little cutie pie. Grandaddy Thurlkill is calling him 'Sugar Boy'. He said he was awesome this weekend at the reception and playing with Sam and Jacob. Can't wait to see him again!
    I love you! Grandmomma

    ReplyDelete